John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I need to know how to print the date, time, page number and

Customer Question

I need to know how to print the date, time, page number and Web Page on each document that I print.
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: Make is Brother, Model Number is ***** I purchased it new about 3 months ago.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC, Windows XP
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This did not pop up. I am trying this for the first time since I purchased the printer.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 month ago.

From what browser you are printing the web pages please? Internet explorer - Firefox or Google chrome ?

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Google Chrome
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do NOT wish to "Securely Connect". I just need your answer as you normally provide it.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 month ago.

Open a web page in google chrome, press Ctrl+P. A window will open with print setting options. you will see settings on the left-hand side. At the bottom of the Print window, click More settings. Under "Options", check the headers and footers option and it should display the date and time.

Let me know the results

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 month ago.

Has everything worked out please?

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 month ago.

Do you still need help ?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
When I checked the headers and footers option no date or time cames up. (Please excuse my delay; it was necessary for me to be admitted to the hospital for 4-1/2 days.)
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 30 days ago.

Hello, welcome back :)

Would you like me to set up a remote session (NO extra charge), which will allow me to connect directly to your screen and assist you quickly with this issue?

Thank you

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
please set up a remote session; providing there is no extra charge. I am low on funds currently.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 30 days ago.

Please open up the following link:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=ae29dead-fa19-4531-bfc5-182bc4dd59f2

Join the session, then a remote file will be downloaded.

OPEN/RUN the remote file from your downloads (press CTRL + J to open up the Downloads window).
PS - If we are not connected in five minutes, please reply back to me below.

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 30 days ago.

Are you there please?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
I am here. I will copy and paste the link (using google) now.
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 30 days ago.

Please open the web page (the website) you want to print with Internet explorer, In Internet Explorer go to File, then Page Setup, find the section labeled Headers and Footers.

Click on Headers and select time and date then click on Footers and select Page number.

Now try to print.

Let me know the results

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 30 days ago.

Has everything worked out please?

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 29 days ago.

Do you still need help please?