Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I have a canon pixma MX 922. Yesterday we had Comcast com

Customer Question

I have a canon pixma MX 922. Yesterday we had Comcast com and install a new XB3 modem/router. My printer was set up to be used wirelessly from my Hp probook 6570b computer. I have lost connectivity between my computer and my printer. The name and password ***** the computer was changed, I called Comcast and changed the name and password ***** to the original name and password ***** because it is a dual channel router 2.4 and 5Ghz they had me set up two names with the same password. That is working fine for my computer but they can't help with the printer. can you help me to get my printer talking to my computer, Thanks, Frank
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is a rebuild we got last year to replace one that I spilled coffee on which was about 5+ years old. It is a Canon PIXMA Mx 922.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 7 Professional
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: We had a loss of all services, phone, internet and telephone a week ago. it was finally fixed yesterday. Everything was working prior to this.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 3 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please setup wireless once again on your printer. Follow the instructions in the link below.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART164598&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1478365856820

After setting up wireless, restart the computer and printer. try printing anything. If the issue persists, please reinstall the printer driver on your computer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N