Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

Espon xp-620 will not print from the photo tray, less than

Customer Question

Espon xp-620 will not print from the photo tray
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: less than two years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac. Trying to bring form Photos
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: First time this has happened.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: When I select Print form Photo Tray, nothing happens--not even a warning. When I choose auto select, it prints from the plain paper tray.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 6 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is your computer operating system?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Mac OS 10.12.1

When you use the printer autoselect setting, it automatically chooses the cassette tray if the paper size loaded into the cassette tray matches the paper size of the print job. The printer should select the photo tray if the cassette has 8 1/2 x 11" paper and the photo tray has 5 x 7" photo paper, for example, and the print job has a 5 x 7" photo selected.

However, if you are printing a number of photos, it may be easier to simply select the photo tray on the printer instead of autoselect.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH THIS ADVISE, OR IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. If I have solved your problem, I would appreciate a GOOD or an EXCELLENT rating. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY SERVICES WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING. Thank you for choosing Just Answer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
In setting up the print job, I'm choosing 4x6 photo paper, which is loaded in the photo tray. The other tray has 8x10 plain paper. When I select the photo tray option, the message from the printer on my screen is "Connecting to Printer," then the print job just disappears.

How is your printer connected? is it a wireless connection?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
wireless.

I apologize for the delay. I was unable to continue troubleshooting last night. I suggest that we uninstall your printer software completely and reinstall your printer drivers from the Epson website. I can give you detailed instructions for how to do this correctly, or I can do it for you with Secure Remote Assistance. Please let me know when you are ready to continue.