Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

My WF - 3640 is showing an error code 0x69 I can not find

Customer Question

my WF - 3640 is showing an error code 0x69 I can not find this code in the truble shooting
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Epson WF-3640 Model C481E
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 1 day. Error code - load paper. we didn't realise we had to put paper in tray 1. we were trying to print a plan
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: it started to print and the flap was closed and the paper got stuck halfway out.
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 28 days ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I will be the expert assisting you today!

This error that you are having has something to do with the ink cartridges. The best way to resolve it is to "reseat" them.

To do this, you will act as if you are replacing the cartridges, only you will just be putting them back in.

If you are unfamiliar with how to do this, here are the instructions.

1. Turn on your product.
    • If an ink cartridge is expended, you see a message on the LCD screen. Note which cartridges need to be replaced, then select Proceed and follow the instructions on the screen.
    • If you are replacing a cartridge before you see a message on the LCD screen, press the home button and select Setup > Maintenance > Ink Cartridge Replacement.
  2. Lift up the scanner unit.

Caution:
    Do not touch the flat white cable inside the printer. Do not lift the scanner unit while the document cover is open.

3. Open the cartridge cover.

Squeeze the tab on the cartridge and lift the cartridge straight up to remove it.

4. Reinsert the cartridges into the holder and push each down until it clicks into place.

5. Close the cartridge cover and push it down until it clicks into place.
  6. Select Check on the LCD screen to make sure the cartridge or cartridges are installed correctly.

Caution:
    If you see a message that an ink cartridge is installed incorrectly, lift up the scanner unit, open the cartridge cover, and press the ink cartridge down until it clicks into place. Then close the cartridge cover.

7. Close the scanner unit. The product starts priming the ink. This takes a few minutes. When you see a completion message on the LCD screen, try to do a test print.

Let me know if this works! If it doesn't, we can try something else.

If it does work, please rate my answer with 5-stars in the top right hand corner so that I may receive credit for assisting you!

Good day!

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
we are unable to change the ink cartridge while the error code is on the screen. how do we delete it. yellow cartridge was showing empty but we can't get the ink cartridge change on the screen because we can't get rid of the error code. when the home button is pressed it comes up that this option is invalid

I'm actually having some technical difficulties at the moment. I am going to opt out and allow another expert to pick this up. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Expert:  Nathan replied 28 days ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

There are a few possible causes of this issue, including a bad cartridge, internal debris/contamination, or a hardware failure (bad printhead, bad logic board, faulty sensor, etc).

What we can try are some cleaning and reset steps.

First remove all of the ink cartridges, then clean the metal electrical contacts on the back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using qtips and rubbing alcohol. Dry well, then reseat the cartridges.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further if needed.

Expert:  Nathan replied 24 days ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.