Jason Jones, Technician
Experience:  10+ years work experience.
30759776

I have a PIXMA MX310 printer/scanner copier. It had been

Customer Question

I have a PIXMA MX310 printer/scanner copier. It had been working ok until my hard drive crashed on my Mac. I had a new hard drive installed and asked the Apple technician to install OS 10.9.5 so I could still use my Cammon MX310 printer.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the Pixma is? And has this happened before?
Customer: I have reinstalled the original software for the MX 310 and the scanner is now operational again. But I cannot find a driver for the MX 310 printer. Apple pop up says to contact the company to obtain a driver for the MX 310.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac, OS 10.9.5
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The printer was working fine until my hard drive crashed and I thad a new hard drive installed on my MAC.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it, I need the software for the printer driver for the Canon MX 310.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 6 months ago.

You may download the driver from the following page: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mx-series/pixma-mx310

On the aforementioned page, click the "Drivers & Downloads" button. You will then be given the printer and scanner driver. Download both of those files and run them.

Once that is all complete, you will be good to go.

One quick note: This is my job; however, I only get credit for my time, if you rate my help with 3 Stars or more. I would prefer a 5 star rating, if you are satisfied. If you are not happy with my answer below, please let me know so we can continue.

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at ohe following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!"

My Profile page:

http://JasonFixedit.com