Syseng
Syseng, Engineer
Experience:  Microsoft Certified with over 17 years experience in system integration and development
13852270

My XP-400 IS GIVING A MESSAGE 'printer error"-I have turned

Customer Question

My XP-400 IS GIVING A MESSAGE 'printer error"-I have turned it off and back on with no resolution.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: I need to try and find my manual-which I may not be able to find...
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I am not very tech knowledgeable -here is the best I can say-working from PC and OS is Windows...
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Popped up a couple of days ago-attempted numerous times to power off/on with no success
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think I will just replace it, but thanks for your help. I appreciate it. I think it died and went to printer heaven...
Category: Printers
Expert:  Syseng replied 4 months ago.

My name is David.

Since it sounds like you powered the printer off and on, do the same with the computer (power off and then back on) and unplug the cable and plug back in again and then try again to print.

If that does not resolve the issue then open the printer and check for paper that may be stuck in the printer. Remove any paper that has not been properly fed through the printer and then close the printer, power the printer down and back up, and then test to see if the printer starts working.

Please let me know if the above procedures resolve the issue.

Thanks,

David.