John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an Epson WF-3640 printer/scanner/fax machine. When I

Customer Question

I have an Epson WF-3640 printer/scanner/fax machine. When I try to scan to my computer the window asks which computer? My laptop is connected to the 3640 by a USB cord. The scanner does scan to a flash drive that I've plugged in to the 3640, but would like to scan directly to my computer. Any ideas?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: One - two weeks.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Windows 10 pc
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This has been a problem since the first time I tried to scan to my computer.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have read the Epson user manual and looked for answers on the Epson website.
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sjena1982 replied 29 days ago.

Hi , Welcome to Justanswer.com .

It will be better and quick if I can access your computer remotely to fix the problem ..

To do that please follow the below steps

1)Please open the below link URL in browser

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=73f4cecd-93f5-4bfd-9f2f-fe1881ff40c9

2)Then click on I agree button at the bottom of the page .

3)After that click on Download link to download a file and run it