Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

My cable company changed my wi-fi connection Since then I

Customer Question

My cable company changed my wi-fi connection Since then I cannot print but I can copy on my MG6420 printer. How can this be rectified?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: MG6420 and it is approximately 4 years old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Microsoft Office
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 9/25/16 was the date Comcast changed my wi-fi connection. Everything worked fine until then
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is the only problem I am having.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You have to connect the printer to your new WiFi network and then add it back to your computer.

There are mainly two ways to connect the printer to your WiFi network. One is by connecting to the WiFi on the printer itself and the other is by using your computer/tablet or phone to setup Wireless on your printer.

Let's try first method.

Turn on the Printer.

In the Home screen,click the Setup button.

Select Device Settings

Select LAN Settings (if you see Wireless LAN Setup on home screen, then select it)

Select Wireless LAN Setup > Standard Setup. This will find your WiFI network. Select it and enter the password ***** your WiFi network. This will connect the printer to your WiFi network.

Now you need to connect the printer to your computer. To do that, on your computer, press Windows and R keys on computer and this will bring Run. Type control printers and press enter. From the resulting screen, click Add Printer or on your computer from Start > Control Panel > Device and Printers > Add Printer

If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will continue to help you.

If you are unable to make it work, please don't rate me bad or poor or OK. Instead please let me know and I will be happy to continue to help you until we fix the problem.