John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

When I click on Web page 3 copies comes up. When I want a

Customer Question

When I click on Web page 3 copies comes up. When I want a normal Print request another STUPID page with Pictures shows up, with 5-6 round things to click on. BUT the PRINT icon does not allow me to print.
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: HP Monitor, LG (super multi) When it starts up it says The Rock
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Microsoft tries install 8.1 but it isn't taking it. I WISH you still would have XP, because that worked for me (age 78) NO STUPID APPS that I do not use. All I need is to communicate via E-Mail and check certain Web sites and be able to SCAN, PRINT and Send.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I can't identify any other problems. Except that when I move the Mouse over to the left to far a black thing shows up on the side and at the bottom. What is that for. It does not help me.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The 'black thing at the side and the bottom' is a normal function of Windows 8. It could perhaps be disabled: one part of it shows function icons you may click on for important functions, the other part is supposed to show the Time.

It sounds as if your computer has Windows 8 on it, but in a somewhat crippled state, perhaps.

What anti-virus suite does your computer have on it, please?

And what Windows version is it (as shown in

Control Panel

System and Security

System )

at the moment, please ?