Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

Need to re-connect it with laptop. Pixma MX922 maybe 2-3 yrs

Customer Question

Need to re-connect it with laptop.
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: Pixma MX922 maybe 2-3 yrs old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC laptop Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The Toshiba people had dto erase all my connections because of a technical problem -- had to re-install the operating system which wiped out my connections. There is nothing wrong with the printer itself. I just can't find the link to download the software to re-connect it back to the laptop. I had this done a few months ago and it was easy but forgot what to do.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Is this a 32bit or 64bit Windows 10 ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 month ago.

Go to this website --> https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mx-series-inkjet/mx922

Click DRIVERS & DOWNLOADS

Then click SELECT and download the "MX920 series Mini Master Setup (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)"

Open the downloaded file and follow the onscreen instructions to install your printer.

Note : You can install the disc came with your printer to setup it.

You can also add the printer to your PC this way. Press Windows and R keys (on keyboard of computer), type control printers and press enter. From the resulting screen, click Add Printer button at top and this will find and allow you to add your printer.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will walk you through the steps

Only rate the answer after we've solved the problem