John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Mfc-240 keeps showing Low temperature Allow machine to warm

Customer Question

mfc-240 keeps showing Low temperature Allow machine to warm up to room temperature. Have left it for days and still shows same. Cant print. Thanks
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: MFC-240C we dont use it that much, thought i would try to have it fixed. Has always been good until recently. Dont know how long we have had it, maybe 5 years.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC ,But it doesnt copy or scan regardless. Message keeps showing.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: A few weeks. Dont remember how it started, everything was good, then when i went to copy something else the message showed. I turned it off for a few days, then when I turned it back on everything was ok for a few days. when I went to copy again message came back.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Should I keep trying or is it unfixable.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, have you tried opening all doors and covers to expose most of the inside to ambient air?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
this problem hasnt happened before a few weeks ago, and the printer has been in the same place for years. I am sorry but i dont wish to continue this as i am not very tech savy and finding this very difficult. I thought it would be much easier. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I dont wish to spend any money , because if it doesnt work i have to get a new printer anyway... Thank you for your suggestion. How do I cancel this question request
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please could you cancel this request
Expert:  Louie replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your kind understanding of system automated/machine-generated ads & offers.

My participation is strictly limited to technical, repair and/or installation issues.

Request for cancellation, refunds as well as billings & payments concerns are best addressed by Customer Support. Please click HERE or go to http://ww2.justanswer.com/help