John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My scan option does not work the printing, copying function

Customer Question

my scan option does not work the printing, copying function work but when i try to scan nothing happens
JA: What is the machine's exact make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: mx892
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I never got it to work is there a separate driver for the scanner?
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that i can think of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message?

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
when i hit the black scan button the screen states it is processing...Please wait mometarily. it does this for awhile than it goes to the screen PC local (USB)The printer is connected with a USB cable
yes we can do remote

Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=7aac7204-db78-48d8-b569-f3dd0edb48e5
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no i don't want to pay 39 to securely connect
can you just walk me through

I'm sorry, scanning issue can be complicated. How about with the small amount as shown for secure remote support? We guarantee our service. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what is this already i'm being charge $23 dollars just for asking a question. I would like to end the session and get refunded. I see there is a satisfaction guarantee

Yes, we guarantee our service, so don't worry. Can I connect fix the issue remotely for you now without any additional cost? Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no i do not feel comfortable with this. please end my session and return my funds

I'm sorry. We have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403/
Or would you like written instructions? Otherwise, we are canceling this for you. Please let me know; we guarantee our service. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
cancel please.

OK, we are canceling this per your request. If you still need help with the scan issue later on, and/or if you need help with any other computer issue in the future, please come back any time as you wish. We provide different support options you can choose: written support, remote support, and phone support, and we guarantee our service. Thank you,