John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

It's not my printer it's my computer. It's a TouchSmart and

Customer Question

It's not my printer it's my computer.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's a TouchSmart and I bought it last year, I think
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Laptop, OS Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I received a message while I was browsing on the internet to "not touch any key but call a number, which was associated with Microsoft. He, Jason, discovered, after he had control of my computer that I had a lot of "stopped" items on my computer. I really don't know what that was about but he said that I had a virus that stopped certain files from operating. Since then I upgraded my Malware software, eliminated 35 detected items and then I received a pop-up menu that told me to update files from HP. I tried doing that but it doesn't appear that anything has been updated.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't have a problem with my printer, it's my laptop!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Cody replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Cody replied 1 month ago.

Can I remotely connect to your computer, so I can troubleshoot this issue with you?