John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I was printing and then all of a sudden it said it wasn't

Customer Question

I was printing and then all of a sudden it said it wasn't connected to the network and quit printing.
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: 2540 less than 2 years
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing. I had printed 2 documents. Then I clicked on a third one to print and it stopped printing.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is it the printer model Deskjet 2540 or WorkForce WF-2540, etc.?

Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,