John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Paper jam. Thin paper, half in, half out of printer. I can't

Customer Question

Paper jam. Thin paper, half in, half out of printer. I can't risk pulling it either way because it's s thin it would rip.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: HP Officejet Pro 8600 Maybe 2-3 years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Apple desktop - 2 years old OSX El Capitan Version 20 11 6
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I was copying several copies of receipts, smaller than letter size, carefull
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: carefully scotch taped to 8x11 paper. 4 went thru fine, 5th one stopped midway
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Before I advise you what to do in this delicate situation that you have described, I have to ask:

Where in the printer is the paper stuck half-in ? near the paper tray, or manual feed tray? or elsewhere?