Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

My printer was hooked up to a laptop (acer) that got badly

Customer Question

my printer was hooked up to a laptop (acer) that got badly lnfected so I got a Chromebook and i can't hook up the printer
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: about 3 yrs, Canon Multifunction Printer K10392
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Chromebook , Windows 7
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: nothing happened. I can't find a place to hook up the printer cable to the chromebook, which is smaller than the laptop. Do I need a smaller cable?
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  cprtrepair replied 3 months ago.

Hello, i just want to confirm i get everything understood. You bought a chromebook and want to install it on your Canon MFP K10392?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Unfortunately your printer is not consider a cloud printer so you would need to set it up on a PC first to connect it to google cloud account. Then should be able to print at home. You cant just connect the printer directly to the chromebook. Here is the list of printers that work with chromebook.

https://www.google.com/cloudprint/learn/printers.html#info-canon

Additionally here are the steps to connect a classic printer to your cloud account which should allow you to access it via chromebook

https://support.google.com/cloudprint/answer/1686197?hl=en&rd=1

Hello just following up to see if you got your question answered? If you can manage to install the printer on a windows machine you can use the second link to program the chromebook to print. Feel free to rate me thanks!

Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. What is the make and model of your printer?