John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Brother HL-3040CN. It has a notice in the window

Customer Question

I have a Brother HL-3040CN. It has a notice in the window that reads :Unable 28" turn power off and back on again. I've done that and it will not work. I had looked on line and it said it was ink. I just put in 4 nuew cartridges and it still has that little yellow exclamation mark and it will not print.
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: It's a TN-210 Series, I don't see a model number and it is about 4 years old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It was printing and when I tried to print another message it gave me this message. It has been an issue for over a month. I had to order ink and I was using a smaller printer that I have.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, I'm frustrated
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I understand our frustration. I'm sorry to hear that you bought new cartridges for it... the problem is likely not to be the cartridges.

I need to ask how old the Brother HL printer in question is.

And, does the 'Unable' message still show up on the printer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The printer is abo9ut 4 years old. The Unable Message is still there. Also, I knew nothing about an additional $21 dollars. It showed a $5 charge and I signed up for nothing else. Please return my money; all $26.00 of it. I don't like to be scammed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I need to hear from you as to what you are going to do. If I don't hear my next call will be to the Attorney General of Washington State.

I am not scamming you, I assure you. I have no power over charges, and no access to any means of payment you may have submitted to JustAnswer.com.

If your charge card or credit card or charge account shows a charge of $21 or any amount additional, please contact Customer Support at JustAnswer.com, at once:

They may be reached at

*****@******.***

or through Chat or Phone by way of this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The first charge was $5.00. Then I'm told there was an additional $21.00 charged to my account and now you want $39.00 more when you haven't told me anything and an additional charge for tellling me what's wrong. No Thank You. I don't what you to charge me in additional money. I don't want anything to do with this outfit. Again Do not charge my card for anymore services. I haven't received any yet.

I have no power over charges, billing, no access to your credit information. For all such concerns I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. They may be reached at

***@******.***

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please explain to me what the $5.00 and the $21.00 charges were for. I certainly didn't receive anything for my money. I got to ask the question but no answers as to the problem. Only an invitation to spend another $39.00 to be told what is wrong with my machine and how to fix it! Please explain as I have asked in the first sentence.

I have no power over charges, billing, no access to your credit information. For all such concerns I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com.

Please contact Customer Support.

Phone or Chat is available at

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

for instance, their phone # is 1-***-***-****.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm not paying you $39.00 more for something I've already been taken for
$26.00 with not one ounce of information. Just return my money.

I have passed your request to Customer Support.