Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck,
Experience:  Founder at XARC Mastering
78122054

Can anyone advise regarding printing a document in black &

Customer Question

Can anyone advise regarding printing a document in black & white and color pages in the same document?
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: mpc 5502
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: pc windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: we don't want to print 16 pages in color only the front and back pages
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 3 months ago.

Dear Client,

thank you very much for your question. My name is***** am a computer expert since 17 years and I will be assisting you today.

Can you please let me know of which content these pages consist? Because you could just convert the front and back page to black and white via a image converter program - in case they consist of actual images files (JPG / BMP, etc.). Please let me know and we can walk through this together.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi,I am printing a 16 page bulletin, and I have a pre-set print function set up through Microsoft Publisher. What we want to do is to just print the document in black and white- except for the cover, which we would like to print in color. It is set up to either print the full document in either color OR black and white

thank you for your reply, what kind of design do the front and back pages have? Are they actual pictures that you import into MS Publisher or what is there exact content?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
picture and text boxes

You could just convert the actual picture to black & white before with a image converter program and make the text just black or white as well. Then you will have exactly what you need. Do you know how to do that?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the picture is what we want printed in color.

Right, sorry about that. But it is the same logic vice versa for the other pages then, do they consist of images as well?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't want to pay anymore for questions. Can you tell us how to print the front and back cover of a bulletin in color and the rest of the pages in black and white out of Publisher on the Ricoh copier? That's it!

Thank you for your reply, but there is honestly no need to get aggressive or anything, I just was trying to help you and this can take time, since there is no "one click solution" to your problem as you might have noticed by now. But it is OK, I am opting out of your question so that other experts can work with you instead.

Thank you very much and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm not being agressive, if it is going to be an issue that is going to cost additional dollars, it doesn't make sense at some point to struggle through it. the question could end up costing more than the extra color copies if we had we not sought your help..

Thank you for letting me know, but I did not ask for additional costs or anything, what are you referring to exactly?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
for our deposit we were informed we had 5 follow up questions available only..

No, you can just talk with me, this is meant for completely different questions in case you have some completely different issues.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
okay. So how can we accomplish this?

OK, I am trying to ask again: what do the other pages (except for the front and back) consist of, are they pictures as well?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
text, pictures and test boxes - all mixed in

OK, thank you. You can convert the pictures that are not on the back and the front to black and white then with a image converter and just use black or white text as well for the extra boxes. Did you try that yet?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
they are saying that it is too much effort to do that given the size of the bulletin and number of text boxes, etc.
What about printing the first and last page first. then putting those pages back into one tray and have the rest of the pages run through another tray...effectively merging two documents?Thank you but we just went all black and white

You can just JPG export the pages in-between the black and white front pages and then back in (with black & white conversion before) and then re-import those, so that only the front and back cover will be in color.