John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a brother printer and it won't print anything except

Customer Question

Hello I have a brother printer and it won't print anything except for test pages. It keeps saying no connection and then even when it says connection ok it still won't work. It now says fax only and is in sleep mode. I've even tried plugging the device in and still no luck. How else can I get it to print?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's about 4 months old. And have had problems with it printing/connecting since I got it. It is a brother MFC-L2703DW
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I have tried from a Toshiba running on Windows and from my Android using the brother app, which I have gotten to print once or twice with many difficulties
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 3 or 4 months. I was able to print for the first few days and then it started having problems. Same thing is happening again now. Won't connect to network and says to make sure printer and device are on the same network, which they are
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is all thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

How is the printer connected to the computer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Michelle, I'm having issues with my Brother printer not working. It seems to be in sleep mode and wont print anything. What else can I do to get it to print? I feel like I've tried everything several times
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am currently trying to print from my Android phone, I have tried using the brother app and I also have it plugged in to the printer itself which I used a few weeks ago and was able to print that way.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 month ago.

How is the printer connected to the computer usb or wireless?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've got it plugged in using the printer cable and an adapter to my Samsung phone
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It does not work wirelessly as it never connects to the network properly even if it says Connection OK
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 month ago.

unplug the printer and remove the printer driver software completely from the computer an then reboot.

let me know once done.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Done I think. Still trying to print and can't get it to connect on wifi still won't connect to the network
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 month ago.

Do you want me to remote connect and fix it for you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you able to do it using my phone?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 month ago.

no we must be logged in to the computer on which the printer is assigned or its was used for.