Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

How do I change the ink cartridges on my WF-3640? The

Customer Question

How do I change the ink cartridges on my WF-3640?
JA: What is the exact make and model of your printer? And what kind of cartridges are you using?
Customer: The printer is an Epson WF-3640 and I am trying to get the cartridge holder to a position that I
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC w/ Microsoft 7.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This is the first time I have tried to change out the cartridges. Someone else did it for me before.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just need to know how to get the cartridge carriage can be moed so I can get at the cartridges.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

This is not an automatic process as on some other printers, some menu steps are required prior to physical replacement.

• If an ink cartridge is expended, you see a message on the LCD screen. Note which cartridges need to be replaced, then select Proceed and follow the instructions on the screen.

• If you are replacing a cartridge before you see a message on the LCD screen, press the home (house icon) button and select Setup (wrench icon) > Maintenance > Ink Cartridge Replacement.

Lift up the scanner unit (below the glass)

Open the cartridge cover

Squeeze the tab on the cartridge and lift the cartridge straight up to remove it.

Gently shake the new cartridge four or five times, then remove the cartridge from the package, removing the yellow tape.

Insert the new cartridge into the holder and push it down until it clicks into place.

Close the cartridge cover and push it down until it clicks into place.

Select Check on the LCD screen to make sure the cartridge or cartridges are installed correctly.

Close the scanner unit.

Printer should resume normal operation at this point.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.