Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

I Have new 920 carteidge, it wont print, E709N Do I have to

Customer Question

I Have new 920 carteidge, it wont print
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: E709N Do I have to remove the plastic over the Squirly pattern?
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Pc Microsoft Windows 19. It prints colors OK
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It just stopped printing black
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: What do I do when I get a new Large Cartridge?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 month ago.

The problem you are facing is caused due to few reasons, one if the cartridge is empty, if the printhead is clogged, if the printhead is defective. Now, as you have replaced the cartridge and still facing the problem then, it means either the printhead is clogged or defective. In the case of clogging, you can first try the inbuilt printhead cleaning process and if that do not solve the problem then, you have to flush the print head manually.

Please open the link below then, read all the steps carefully and skip those, which you have done already and try those, which you have not done.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Officejet-6500-All-in-One-Printer-series---E7/3795309/model/3795393/document/c01641815/

Now, if the problem persists then, you have to remove the printhead and flush it. You can use the steps from the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiYps_CvZTI

If these two steps do not solve the problem then, unfortunately, the printhead is defective and you have to replace the printhead to solve the problem. The printhead number is ***** 920 and you can get it from any online stores or local computer store. Try to search for various types, because in that way you can find a cheaper printhead. Let me know, if you need any further help otherwise, please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.