Thomas Ruiz
Thomas Ruiz,
Experience:  Senior Network Enginer at Penn Medicine
96306293

Installed MF628CW printer using Win7 for use on LAN Network

Customer Question

Installed MF628CW printer using Win7 for use on LAN Network using CAT5 with Lynksys/Cisco Router/Switch. Printer was working fine until we selected Legal size paper 8-1/2 x 14. It printed the first page at 8-1/2x11 and we had to remove the rest of the legal page by going through the paper jam steps. The Error internally in the Memory will not release and reset does not respond.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Thomas Ruiz replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I would like to assist you with your issue. Have you tried to physically unplug the printer to see if the error would release?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
we did several times. We were looking for a master reset set start setting this printer up again.
Remember this printer is only a few days old. If we can not get it going its going back to Canon
with re credit cancelation ( the bill has not been paid yet)
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We got it fixed. Because we used setting for Legal size using Tray 1 with Legal size paper loaded the landscape Spreadsheet consisted of 2 pages. The Tray 1 was not configured for Legal size. This caused the Legal size paper to only feed the first
11 inches. This caused paper jam on page 1. The next page was started automatically and only fed the first 1/8 of an inch.
This was not visible through the rear door. The rest of the sheet had fallen under the Tray 1 and did not interfere with the reinserting the Tray 1. Lifting the printer from the desk showed the paper hanging below.
Just something to remember.

I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue. That is good information to retain should this issue occur for someone else as well. Feel free to contact us should you have any additional issues in the future.