John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Brother printer MFC-J480DW fax will not operate. Maybe to do

Customer Question

Brother printer MFC-J480DW fax will not operate. Maybe to do with connection - did go before new phone connected - what should connections be?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Was purchased this year MFC-J480DW is what is written on the front of it. Connected to a computer at my work place.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: hp Probook 4540s (just give you the heads up now Im a bit of a techno phobe)
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It was operating till new phone purchased. I think the staff (here) didn't set up as had been before and not sure how that should be
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not sure that there is any direct connection between phone and printer thinking that may be the problem?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What sort of new phone service did you get connected, please?

How is the new phone line (the cable or line from the phone service) connected? i.e. to which jack on the Brother printer, as labeled next to that jack, please ?