John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Canon ImageRunner C3220 is printing a faint black line

Customer Question

My Canon ImageRunner C3220 is printing a faint black line across the trailing edge of 11" X 17" sheets. Is there anything I can do other than calling for service. We haven't had a service contract for a few years.
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It just started a few days ago. We leased it from Canon around 2008 and bought it out a few years ago. It was worth $30,000 +.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Windows 10. I don't think the computer system is the problem, since files stored in the printer's hard drive that printed ok before, now print with this mark. Not all pages and not the same mark. I think (hope) it is a cleaning problem. Do you have any suggestions?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: We manufacture greeting cards and don't use this printer much other than October thru December. I first noticed it last week. It had been used little since this summer.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Perhaps you can suggest a better painter driver. The one we used with Windows XP had many more features. We use Adobe InDesign mostly.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kevin T replied 1 month ago.

How's it going.
Let me read of your question. Give me a minute.

Expert:  Kevin T replied 1 month ago.

Is this only when scanning? Or printing?