Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I just added a new Epson ink cartridge to my printer and it

Customer Question

I just added a new Epson ink cartridge to my printer and it still says I need to replace it
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I have taken it out and cleaned it as well as unplugged all power and cable going to the printer. Replaced the cartridge and still it asks me to replace it again yes one moment.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: epson workforce 610
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: from a pc
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: this has been the first time this issue has happened, normally the replacement is easy and works like a charm
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 month ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did this and I still get the same error, that one of the cartridges needs to be replaced. I already had it in and ran a nozzle head cleaning and it printed out. But when I tried again it gave me the error.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 month ago.

Are you sure that you are using new and genuine Epson cartridges?

Could you please try head cleaning and aligning once again?

Thank you.

S H E F I N