John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a MFC 9440 cn printer. Test print is beautiful. When

Customer Question

I have a MFC 9440 cn printer. Test print is beautiful. When we try and print a letter from copier, only left side prints.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: MFC 9440CN Brother all in one color approx 4 yrs old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: We have two printers exactly the same. One is not hooked to anything, just for copies. Other is Vista, but we are not going thru the computer to print. This is straight copies. Both are doing the same thing. Prints test print fine, copies are just one side-Left. Right is blank
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: One is used on a daily basis, and just regular prints, copies, and faxes. No errors, no problems. Started yesterday. Just tried to make copies on the back up unit and same issue.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is it.
Category: Printers
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-3xct0w0u- replied 2 months ago.

How's it going.
Let me read of your question. Give me a minute.

What's the serial number of the printer?