Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

A printer repair workshop has just replaced my using unit on

Customer Question

A printer repair workshop has just replaced my using unit on my HP
CM2320fxi MFP and I am trying to print a colour word document that contains 21 gold rings (i.e. a sheet of labels) and when I print in colour the gold rings are almost a dayglow yellow and when I print in black-and-white they turn to a minty green.I have tried color calibration but without success
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I have just provided you with the make and model I think it might have been made in 2014
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC windows 10 and it printed satisfactorily before the repair
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The fuser unit was damaged by a plastic link coming loose
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Could the fuser unit be incorrectly connected
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kevin T replied 1 month ago.

How's it going.
Let me read of your question. Give me a minute.

Expert:  Kevin T replied 1 month ago.

Just to confirm If your print in black and white GREEN comes out?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If I print in color gold comes out "dayglow yellow" and if I print in black gold comes out a minty green color
Expert:  Kevin T replied 1 month ago.

This is a hardware issue. It looks like they have done a dodgy repair. Can I do some tests?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Does "satisfaction guaranteed" mean you guarantee you can fix the color alignment so the color printed strongly resembles the source document?
Expert:  Robert M. replied 1 month ago.

lets see if it is a hardware or a software issue. though it sounds as if the red is not working and just changing the red cartridge might fix it.

But to see where the problem lies

please make a color copy directly from the printer itself and let me know if the colors come out correctly or not.