John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have a Cannon MX 922 printer that suddenly stopped

Customer Question

I have a Cannon MX 922 printer that suddenly stopped working. The computer cannot find it! I changed the printer cable but it doesn't help
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: about 18 months old. serial number ADJV52625
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Windows 10 It had been working fine till a few days back
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: As I said, it was working fine earlier. Now when I tried to scan some document a couple of days back, it wouldn't recognize the printer. Tried to print something, but couldn't. Bought a new printer cable, but that didn't help either
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Let's begin by trying to "reset" the printer. Please unplug the power cord from the printer and leave it unplugged fro at least 10 minutes. While you are waiting, please also restart your computer. Please make sure that you book mark this page so you can return to it and let me know the results.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Alison, I have just been pulled into a meeting. I will get back to you in about 40 mins. Does that work?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

That will be fine.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That is fine. I need to go to the other computer to which the printer is connected. I will ping you when I am there
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm there
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What's next?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Anyone there?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is anyone available for online help?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 1 month ago.

I am terribly sorry. For some strange reason I did not receive notification when you posted your response about being back. If you still need help with this, let's set a time to get together and work on this. Please let me know a good time for you and I will do my best to be available. Be sure to specify your time zone. Thank you for your patience.

I see that you requested SECURE REMOTE ASSISTANCE, but the payment failed. Often this happens because your bank sees a second charge from the same company on the same day and suspects fraud. You can usually clear it up by calling them and reassuring them that the charge is legitimate, or you can just use a different card. In fact, if you try it again tomorrow it will probably go through without a hitch.

I look forward to helping you and I sincerely ***** ***** the delay to you today.