Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I have epson 630 and I cannot get keypad to do anything to

Customer Question

I have epson 630 and I cannot get keypad to do anything to enter password ***** wifi.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: XP 630 maybe two years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The message I kept getting was printer has paused. This just happened. I have been away for about two weeks so it was not being used during that time.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 1 month ago.

Hello! Thank you for choosing Just Answer! My name is ***** ***** I will be the expert assisting you with your printer issue today.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay thank you

It sounds like perhaps the printer needs to be reset. This is an issue with the printer and would not have anything to do with your computer. Let's try a soft reset first.

Turn your printer ON.

As soon as you hear the mechanics inside start moving, unplug the machine from power.

Allow the printer to sit for about 10 minutes. This will clear the memory and also clear any static that may be affecting the printer as well.

Once the 10 minutes is up, plug the printer back in, let it warm up, and try to enter your information into the printer again.

Let me know if this works. If it doesn't, I will instruct you on how to do a hard reset back to factory settings.

Any luck with this?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No still cannot type password

Does the screen seem frozen? Are you able to navigate to other parts of the control panel?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just the keypad where I enter password ***** I can hit ok go back etc ... fine

Ok. Thank you for that information. Give me just a moment.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I even tried entering with stylus

You are using the arrows on the right hand side to highlight the letters, right?

This model isn't entirely touch and go. You have to use the arrows and the OK button to select each character and each function.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok I did as you said and that part is ok that was my error. Now I try to print document it says it needs firmware update so I proceed through the prompts. It now says network connection failed

Usually that means that something in the network name or password *****'t entered correctly. Does your network key have a bunch of uppercase and lowercase letters?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
when I entered password ***** said connection was established. I will enter wifi setup again.

How far away is the printer from the router?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They are side by side. Hold on I have not entered anything yet but printer is now saying it is updating firmware.

You may want to move the printer away from the router just a bit. Being too close can cause interference.

Let me know if it lets you update successfully!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok well it s still having errors and will not print but I have to leave for an appointment. Thanks for trying to assist me

OK. If you want to pick up later, I'll go ahead and leave this question open for another expert at no extra cost to you. Just reply to this thread when you are able!

Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. I'm another tech; I will help you with this.

Was the firmware updated successfully?

Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Can you please try the following fix:

Solution #1:

1. Make sure the printer is powered on.
2. Click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on "System Preferences"
3. Click on Printers & Scanners (or Print & Fax.)

4. Click on the Epson printer there, then click on the - (minus) button at bottom left and confirm to delete it for now. Make sure there is not any Epson item showing there for now.
5. Click on the + (plus) icon at bottom left.
6. If it detects your printer, then click on the Epson printer, then click on option Add.
7. Check printing.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please try:

1. Disconnect the power cord(s) from your internet modem / router device(s) for about 3 minutes, then reconnect.

2. Turn off printer, then disconnect power cord from printer for about 2 minutes, then reconnect, then turn on printer.

3. Wait a few minutes, then try Solution #1 above again.

4. If needed, go to the Wi-Fi Setup wizard on the printer again, and select / connect to your Wi-Fi / wireless network name, then try Solution #1 above again.

When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you for your patience,