Hello! Thank you for choosing Just Answer! My name is ***** ***** I will be the expert assisting you with your printer issue today.
It sounds like perhaps the printer needs to be reset. This is an issue with the printer and would not have anything to do with your computer. Let's try a soft reset first.
Turn your printer ON.
As soon as you hear the mechanics inside start moving, unplug the machine from power.
Allow the printer to sit for about 10 minutes. This will clear the memory and also clear any static that may be affecting the printer as well.
Once the 10 minutes is up, plug the printer back in, let it warm up, and try to enter your information into the printer again.
Let me know if this works. If it doesn't, I will instruct you on how to do a hard reset back to factory settings.
Any luck with this?
Does the screen seem frozen? Are you able to navigate to other parts of the control panel?
Ok. Thank you for that information. Give me just a moment.
You are using the arrows on the right hand side to highlight the letters, right?
This model isn't entirely touch and go. You have to use the arrows and the OK button to select each character and each function.
Usually that means that something in the network name or password *****'t entered correctly. Does your network key have a bunch of uppercase and lowercase letters?
How far away is the printer from the router?
You may want to move the printer away from the router just a bit. Being too close can cause interference.
Let me know if it lets you update successfully!
OK. If you want to pick up later, I'll go ahead and leave this question open for another expert at no extra cost to you. Just reply to this thread when you are able!
I'm sorry about the issue. I'm another tech; I will help you with this.
Was the firmware updated successfully?
Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Can you please try the following fix:
1. Make sure the printer is powered on.2. Click on the Apple logo / menu at the top, then click on "System Preferences"3. Click on Printers & Scanners (or Print & Fax.)
4. Click on the Epson printer there, then click on the - (minus) button at bottom left and confirm to delete it for now. Make sure there is not any Epson item showing there for now.5. Click on the + (plus) icon at bottom left.6. If it detects your printer, then click on the Epson printer, then click on option Add.7. Check printing.
- If that does not work, please try:
1. Disconnect the power cord(s) from your internet modem / router device(s) for about 3 minutes, then reconnect.
2. Turn off printer, then disconnect power cord from printer for about 2 minutes, then reconnect, then turn on printer.
3. Wait a few minutes, then try Solution #1 above again.
4. If needed, go to the Wi-Fi Setup wizard on the printer again, and select / connect to your Wi-Fi / wireless network name, then try Solution #1 above again.
When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you for your patience,