Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

OK I'm game, how do you take this 9000 apart. I get the

Customer Question

OK I'm game , how do you take this 9000 apart. I get the paper jam green and yellow blinking lights and dont thae a jam, also when it does print the print is very very light and only in red. Help
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: PIXAMA PRO 9000 and about 7 yrs old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I'm using the Picture Bridge system with a Canon 7D camera. I have 2 PRO 9000 printers. My spare prints fine
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I needed to print some picture and this printer had worked last week but then it started this all red, very faint color , prints and then it started the paper jam stuff, so I went to my spare and finished the print job .
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Whats this gonna cost ?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the printer technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: OK do you take PAYPAL ?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The easiest way to resolve this is to manually push a piece of thin card through the paper slot and all the way through the paper path inside the printer to help clear any blockages.

Let me know if that works for you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

I tried pushing a 8X10 sheet of photo paper thru from the backand it acts like there is a gate or some kind of bar in the way. I must tell you I never pulled a sheet of paper out . It ran the sheet thru and then gave me the Green yellow blnking lights .Turning the unit off and back on and then trying to print something , the printer will feed paper and then just feed it thru completely .This printer is not eating or shredding the sheeys

Ok, then you may have to do it the hard way. The service manual will guide you through the disassembly process:

http://www.2manuals.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=6&products_id=788

Customer: replied 2 months ago.

Dont have the service manual, but I was able to get some info from another web site and found that the problem is the cable on the chassis to print carrage.He showed me how to loosen it and test it. Apparently that cable will give all kinds of false problems . Got it fixed. Prints good . I want to see how much I owe you ?

Glad to hear you got it sorted!

I'm not sure ow much you chose to pay when you asked your question - I have nothing to do with accounts, I just answer the questions here.

Pete.

Hi, just checking in on your question, do you need any further assistance?