Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Technician
Experience:  Owner at Down Home Technical Solutions
95132829

It will only print half pages, right out of the box. Ink is

Customer Question

It will only print half pages, right out of the box. Ink is brand new, printer is brand new
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer?
Customer: Canon Pixma MG7720
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I unboxed printer about half hour ago, it printed test documents with no issue. Immediately went to print document (color, no text, not a picture though) on borderless 8.5 X 11. Settings indicate its set for borderless on 8.5 x 11. Connected using wireless
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm assuming its something I am doing, as it did this with my last canon printer I just threw away
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 1 month ago.

Hello! Thank you for choosing Just Answer! My name is ***** ***** I am the expert that will be assisting with your printer issue this morning.

There are only 2 things that will cause your printer to only print half pages:

1.) If you are connected to the printer wirelessly, then the signal could be dropping out mid-print. You may need to either move the printer a little closer to the router or, if it is too close, move it a little further away. You can test this by plugging the printer directly into the computer and printing a test page. If it prints with no problem, find a closer spot where there is no electrical interference and not too close to the router. If it is too close, do the same. Also make sure the printer is plugged directly into an outlet and not into a surge protector.

2.) If it isn't the connection, then it is a physical issue with the printer itself. This being a new printer, the only troubleshooting I would perform would be to unplug the printer from power for about 10 minutes and then plugging it back in and trying it again. This hard resets the printer and clears any static that may be in the printer as well.

If none of this works, I would definitely take advantage of your return policy at the store you purchased it from. With any electronics, there is usually a 15 day period where you can return or exchange with no issue. There is also a one year manufacturers warranty on ALL electronics.

I hope this helps you in your resolution for this.

As I have provided all of the information that would be available to you, it would be very much appreciated if you would rate my answer in the top right hand corner with 5-stars as this is how we receive credit for assisting our customers.

Have a wonderful day!