John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

8500a...five years old...printed just fine...then, nothing

Customer Question

8500a...five years old...printed just fine...then, nothing on next job...getting paper jam errors (which I cant find) plus improper shutdown error...trust me, done nothing wrong...not an IT person, but have walked myself thru a lot of problems over the years
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: HP 8500A, five years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: couple year old dell PC...upgraded to W10 a couple of months ago...NO printing issues until tonite...afraid she's toast?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: printed a job just fine...then next job printed in poor quality...plenty of ink...then the errors
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 1 month ago.

Did you try to hard reset the printer ?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
thanks for nothing but a credit card bill...never do this again...already replaced the printer...cant understand why you ask the questions that we've already answered...oh yeah, just remembered...trying to run up the tab...unbelievable
Expert:  Sudipto replied 16 days ago.

First of all, I don't think you have seen my reply because I have asked you a simple question "Did you try to hard reset the printer ?" on 2nd November and after 22 days on 24th November, you replied me back. You never answered my question nor I have asked you the question, which you have answered earlier, I will request you to read your emails or at lease check the question page in future to know, if there is any reply to your question or not, because I have seen many customers who just post the question and close the question page and never check their emails to know, if there is any reply or not and they think that no one had replied them back. Just call our customer care and take the refund of the deposited money.