Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.
59725966

My printer will not print, it say's an error has occurred

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** my printer will not print, it say's an error has occurred and to turn off printer with a red acrossed top.
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Epson precision core
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I have to get back to you ihave a pt. to see janice
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Hello John, I am having a problem with my printer, after printing 2 days ago it stop printing.
JA: Welcome! What's going on with your printer?
Customer: I was printing 2 days ago and after I wanted to continue to print, it stop printing and red came on the screen and it said printer error.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I am printing with a pc(lab top)
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 2 days
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

What is the specific error code/number you are getting?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The error code is 0xF1
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nathan, I am very angry, I have work to do and I have not received an answer to my problem. The code is 0xF1
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

I need the complete model number of the printer as well, it will start with WF or XP.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The model number is ***** Serial number Sedy206930 the computer is an Epson WF - 3620
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem,

specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead (or the logic board that controls it).

The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use. As this is a 2014 model printer, it is well into its 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising.

There is one step you can take here, to clean and reset the system, but it is very unlikely to help. 99.9% of the time, this does come down to a hardware fault.

While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $85; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can advise on the cleaning/reset steps if you wish to try, help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.
Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.