Joseph Varner
Joseph Varner,
Experience:  Enterprise Support Specialist at Arthur J Gallagher
94318210

My Epson 3640 will not print in color and only prints in

Customer Question

My Epson 3640 will not print in color and only prints in black.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: My printer is about one to two years old and is a WorkForce WF 3640
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Dell, and I believe it is a PC and I not sure what the Operating System is?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I change one of the printer system (M) and it did not print in color. I then thought I threw away the new cartridges (M) and went and got a new set of cartridges (4) and install them and it still does not print in color. I believe that the cartridges are set up correctly?
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 1 month ago.

Dear Client,

thank you very much for your question. My name is***** and I will be assisting you today.

Has it ever printed in color before? If you print a picture, does it print fine (nothing of the picture is missing), but just like it has been converted to black & white?

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it has printed in color many times before and it now converts to black and white.

Thank you for letting me know. Would you be interested in letting me analyze and solve this problem for you directly at your computer via a remote connection?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no

Thank you. But without analyzing what is going on (since the problem is most likely coming from wrong settings or a problematic driver on your PC), I can´t really help you. Are you sure we should not connect remotely?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

I am opting out of your question in this case, since I can´t help you if you do not want that. Maybe another expert can help you instead.

Thank you very much and best regards,

Lorenz

Expert:  Joseph Varner replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you!

The first thing I would do on your PC is go to your printer (usually start-> devices and printers although it could be different for Windows 8 or Windows 10), and right click it, and click on Printing Preferences. In the Detailed Settings tab there, there is a Color/ Black and White tab that can switch whether you print in one or the other. Make sure it is set for color.