John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Colorlaserjet 2600n leaves black shadows on the printed

Customer Question

My Colorlaserjet 2600n leaves black shadows on the printed pages. Is there a utility for this printer to clean up this problem, or is the shadow a sign of something that needs repair?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I would rather not recommend anything, until I can be sure of what problem the printed pages show.

Can you post a scan of a typical affected page, please?

Also - Does a photocopy (if your model of LaserJet does photocopying) show the same effect?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi
I can scan in a page that has been affected; however, to what email address should I send this file?
Shirley
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would prefer not to do that; I recently had my computer hacked when doing this, and I don't intend to have that happen again. I would rather simply have you answer the question.
Shirley
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Does this mean this is the end of your service?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you connected to HP or are you a self-standing organization
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Apparently, you are not part of HP, and the $5.00 I paid has gone to someone, somewhere. I DO NOT WISH TO PAY ANYTHING BEYOND THE QUESTION I ASKED OF HP AND I AM LEAVING THIS SITE. wHAT A RIP. OFF
SHIRLEY

I am not affiliated with HP.

I had an internet access outage - please pardon the delay.

If you should wish to continue, a scan of the affected document page, can be attached to your reply using the paperclip icon.

Or send it to***@******.***

and they will pass it to me.