John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I am using it with an HP Home Premium Windows 7 desktop and

Customer Question

I am using it with an HP Home Premium Windows 7 desktop and find that the instructions for loading the photo paper seem to be also, load it on the left against the sliding left paper guide. However, it only prints photos from my desktop's My Pictures onto 3/4 of the photo paper when it is 5" x 7": even when I find that I have to load the paper in the middle of the paper tray: it pulls it to and fro and stops if I load it against the LHS. There is then a white blank margin of photo paper, with the corresponding portion of the photo missing, cut from, the RHS. Is this a feature of the OS on the HP, as the Canon may not fully recognize Windows 7?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Yes, just a sec....
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: HP Home Premium Omni all in one 2012(###) ###-####a
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Only just recently, my first attempt at printing using the Canon: Windows 7.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: don't think so.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

There could be several possible causes of this problem. Let's start with a program you use to open photos and print from it. Are you using the default program that comes with Windows 7, or you installed another one?

Let me know,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 month ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,