John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I just (today) purchased a wf3640 printer and am trying to

Customer Question

I just (today) purchased a wf3640 printer and am trying to set it up. After I enter the language, country, date and time, it goes into a preparation stage and then indicates a printer error of 0X69 and recommends shutting the printer off and trying again. I have gone through this 5 times with no success. What is a 0x69 error and what do I do to complete the set up
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Epson WF3640. It was purchased new from COSCO this afternoon so I assume it is brand new as of today
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I am running windows operating system, whatever the latest version is.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I in unpacked the new computer and tried to set it up as per the instructions. I entered the language, country, date and time as instructed and the printer tried to go through its preparation sequence. It then indicated a printer problem with error message 0x69 and instructed me to turn the printer off and try again. This has been repeated 5 times
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I just need to know what the error message is indicating and how to proceed from here to get the printer set up and working
Category: Printers
Expert:  Kevin8472 replied 3 months ago.

How's it going.
Let me read of your question. Give me a minute.

Can you tell me the serial number of the printer please?

It should be on the bottom or the back.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
3467YH13V50665-03

Ok give me a few minutes

What does it say on the printer exactly?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No, the printer is not online and until it is set up, it cannot be set up
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Printer error, Turn computer off and try again. Error message 0x69

Can you take the ink out and in, the error is related to the ink catrigues not being in correctly.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Forget it. I will take it back to COSCO and let them figure it out. Please refund the charge of $5 to my credit card as you don't seem to be able to figure it out. It appeared that I was contacting Epson but it only led to a hustle for a subscribed service.
Larry