John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Trying to install scanner for 7820N printer on network.

Customer Question

Trying to install scanner for 7820N printer on network. unable to locate drivers. In windows 10
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Probably about 10 yrs. Brother 7820N
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Win dows 10 Obviously a PC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: NOthing. Have not used printer for several years. Have 3 other brothers. Wanted to use this in different location
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope just the scanning issue. It prints fine
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was scanning working fine previously on an older computer with Windows XP, Vista, or 7?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry about that. You will not be able to access the PC. Either you can answer the question or refund the money.

I'm sorry. With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403/

Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you, and this issue can be complicated since Brother does not support the scanning feature for this old printer on Windows 10, so we have to try some workaround to see if it works.

- Have you tried the full driver and software for Windows 7?

Please let me know your option; we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I said no!!. Do you have a problem with my response. Just return the money and get off my back.. Obviously you do not know enough to resolve the problem. Not only lthat your response is completely unreadable. so it is obvious that you are just a rip off company