John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Will my Canon Pixma MP495 print from my HP laptop? sorry.

Customer Question

Will my Canon Pixma MP495 print from my HP laptop?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: sorry. Not sure how old the printer is - looking for model #
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I have an HP laptop purchased last November. It runs Windows 10 and my install disc from printer does not have windows 10.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I did not have the printer set up since I got the laptop, Just moved and decided to hook it up
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can I get this printer to connect using windows 10?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 1 month ago.

Dear Client,

thank you very much for your question. My name is***** and I will be assisting you today.

Yes, your Canon printer can print from your laptop. Did you already connect it to your laptop? If you wish, I can set it up for you via a remote-assistance. Just let me know.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Both my laptop and my printer are connected to my wifi; the disc will not let me connect because I have Windows 10 on my laptop which I have not had before.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I just want to know if it can be done, do I need a new upgraded disc?

Thank you for the feedback, if you wish, I can login to your laptop and troubleshoot it for you. If you want to try it yourself, please let me know if you are using Windows 10 in 32 bit or 64 bit please.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Howcan I get one? Don;t want a contract, etc, etc. Just forget it and don't charge me!!!!!!!

You do not have to get a contract or whatever, I just need to know if your Windows is 32 bit or 64 bit so that I can send you the right driver, since you said you do not want me to fix the issue for you remotely, so we need to work it out by text in which case I need these information so that I can help you. You find out if it is 32 bit or 64 bit if you press [Windows] key + [Pause] key then look at the line "System type". What does it say there please?