Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I have an MFC-J985DW that I bought a month or more ago -- I

Customer Question

I have an MFC-J985DW that I bought a month or more ago -- I installed the wireless software and everything was fine. We got a new modem last week from RCH and the technician redid the wrieless connection for the new modem. It's not picking up the signal: I get this message: "The machine cannot detect a WLAN access point/router that has WPS or AOSS. enabled." Help!!
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Brother MFC-J985DW
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: IMAC
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: 10.11.6
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need some help in reconnecting. Thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 6 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

First, setup wireless on the printer using Standard Setup. Watch the video and follow the instructions on the printer control panel. Rest is for Windows, and leave it. Just do the instructions that you see about the wireless setup on the printer control panel.

Then, follow the instructions below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.

Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCh_xvYZDDU