technicalcat
technicalcat,
65369237

I am trying to connect my, Samsung SCX3200 printer to my HP

Customer Question

I am trying to connect my
JA: What's the make/model number of your printer? How old is it?
Customer: Samsung SCX3200 printer to my HP Windows 10 laptop. I already use it with my Gateway Windows 7 laptop. The model is SCX-3205W/XAA and the serial number is: Z5E5BFEB501039F. I honestly don't know how old it is.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: I am printing from PC. The Gateway is Windows 7 and the HP is Windows 10.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This is the first I have tried it on the HP. It works perfectly on the Gateway.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I tried to "add a device" on the HP but I am getting a message that says device is off-line.
Category: Printers
Expert:  technicalcat replied 5 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Sorry you are having trouble. I will help you now.

Are you trying to connect this printer with a USB cable directly to the computer , or with a wireless network?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
With a USB cable.

Thank you.

I sent you an offer for remote service, where I could connect directly and fix this problem for you. This would be a much easier and effective way to get it working. Would you like remote service?

If not, please unplug the printer, and then right click on the icon for the printer in the printers/devices window, and left click to remove/uninstall it. Also check to remove the driver for the printer, if you have that option. Let me know if you are able to do this. thanks.