John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

4050 PCL printer says its is "ready", is plugged in but the

Customer Question

4050 PCL printer says its is "ready", is plugged in but the printing is just being cued up - not printing after my computer had to be restarted because the printing was just characters. I have a HP 8200 and use Windows 10Pro
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your HP is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it is an old printer 4050 PCL 5 but was working fine
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: My computer started freezing up, so I shut everything down, then when it started up the computer was working again, but the printer was spitting out just character mess, so I unplugged the printer and restarted everything again. Should I uninstall the printer and then re-install? If so, is assistance available for that remotely?
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

You likely have a corrupted print job sitting to print and it is prohibiting all

the jobs behind it from getting printed.