Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

I keep getting the B200 error. I have turned off the

Customer Question

I keep getting the B200 error. I have turned off the machine, replaced printer ink and still I get the error message. I also need help trying to set up the fax feature on the printer which also does not work
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: MX922. Printer is probably 2 or 3 years old.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC and Windows 10. Have not had any problems with the printer until recently and have been running windows 10 since it came out
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The issue has been going on for about 2 weeks. And I was printing normally then it just stopped and said printer error, turn off printer and then turn it back on.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: How to set up the fax feature which I have tried according to directions but the feature does not work. I am more concerned about the error message that keeps popping up. Tough trying to do my work and then have to shut off printer and wait and then turn it back on.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did that earlier when I got into work and yes at the moment the printer is working. I was able to print an email.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Other than your remotely connecting is there something else that I can do to keep this from happening.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

how many times has it had this error?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Friday it happened most of the afternoon. Today, just once this morning.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Maybe about 8 so far.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

ok, it means the mainboard is failing, it is not discharging the power in the board correctly, it builds up and causes this error.

The problem can continue to be rectified in the future via the power procedure, ro if that fails this procedure will also usually work.

• Turn off the printer
  • Open the cover
  • Turn on the printer
  • Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half way
  • Before print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover.
  • Leave the Printer turned on.

But, it will stop correcting it at a point when the board suffers a complete failure (when the faulting capacitor actually completes the fault and stops functioning at all).

In this event the mainboard would need to be replaced.

If the printer is still under warranty, I would advise you now to get this board replaced before the warranty expires.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thank you. Doubt it is still under warranty. Where would I get something like the board fixed?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

If it is out of warranty I advise not to get it repaired, the board is the most expensive part and the cost would far exceed the worth of the printer with what they cost now.

In this event keep doing the procedure and the one I gave you if needed, then when it remains on the error, it is best to purchase a replacement.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you