Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I restored my computer to factory settings and the drivers

Customer Question

I restored my computer to factory settings and the drivers for my canon pixma 870 went away. How can I download the drivers?
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Never done this before and the printer is probably 4 years old. Only became a problem after I formatted the cpu hard drive.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Have All-in-one HP18 and windows 8.1
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing happened until I formatted the hard drive. Printer had been working fine and now the computer doesn't recognize it.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just how to go about downloading the drivers for my printer. Think if I have them my computer will recognize and accept my printer as the default printer.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

Click here to download the driver

Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating for the service, effort and the time by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page. Thank you