John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My printer status is error and I can't print the test paper

Customer Question

my printer status is error and I can't print the test paper too
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: canon MX350, 5-6 years
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: PC, window 10 I think
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: the printer is connected to another computer, but I want to this computer to print stuff so I try connecting it
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was it printing fine previously?

Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

Is the printer currently working fine on the other computer?

Is the printer connected to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It was printing fine from the glass and also the other computer and it is connected wireless. I prefer not to do the remote support session,thanks.

With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403/

Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you, and this issue can be complicated. Otherwise, I will provide written instructions. Please provide me some more information, so I can troubleshoot the issue.

- To confirm, both computers are not able to print right now. Is that correct?

- Is there any other cord, except the power cord, currently connected to the printer?

- Was there any change recently to your internet service / internet modem / router device that may have caused this issue?

- Can you put a document or photo faced down on the printer's glass, then press the Copy button / option on the printer, then does it copy fine?

Please let me know your option; we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you,