crash2199
crash2199, Technician
Experience:  5+ years as Tech
50836188

I'm very new to this.... trying to connect my brothers

Customer Question

I'm very new to this.... trying to connect my brothers printer to my mac computer
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Brother is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Brothers MFC-L2705DW Just bought 5 months ago from a used place
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Mac Its not windows
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just recently finished my office and just starting hooking it up today
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just trying to connect to the mac for printing purposes
Category: Printers
Expert:  crash2199 replied 6 months ago.

Hi!

You will need to download the Mac software for the printer.

Click here: http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadtop.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfcl2705dw_us

Select MAC and your OSX version then click on SEARCH

Click on FULL DRIVER & SOFTWARE PACKAGE - Download the software and install it. Open the program and it will walk you through setting up the printer.

Also, I am including the manuals that comes with the printer too here: http://support.brother.com/g/b/manualtop.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfcl2705dw_us

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.