Electronics Pete
Electronics Pete, Engineer
Experience:  HNC Computing; Large format and multifunction printer expert
30970729

Similar to question here. I was setting up the printer. I

Customer Question

similar to question here. I was setting up the printer. I installed the print head and closed everything up. The orange light flashed. I tried to check the lock lever and joint lever but the print head did not return to the center. Now the orange light is flashing 10 times. I fixed the printer output position but nothing has changed.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Canon Pixma pro 1, bought in spring 2014, just setting it up now (don't ask)
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Windows 7 on HP laptop, but I haven't even gotten to the software part of the installation
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I was installing the print head. I thought it installed successfully so I lowered the print head lock lever, closed the joint lever and installed the head cover then closed the top cover. I was about to wait the 20 min.for power light to stop flashing when I saw the orange light flash.
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that the manual says to check the lovck lever and joint lever but I don't know how to get the print head back to the center.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Electronics Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Press the continue button and it should move the head into view.

Let me know if that works?