Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Technician
Experience:  Owner at Down Home Technical Solutions
95132829

I have 327 page Word document. When I try to print it, it

Customer Question

I have 327 page Word document. When I try to print it, it stops printing after about 180 pages and I get an error message that says, "PCL XL error
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: HP LaserJet M1522nf maybe ten years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Desktop PC Windows 10
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: About 2 weeks
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The file I'm trying to print is a genealogical ancestry chart. It gets bigger as I add new data. I had no problem, other than increasing slowness, until I got up to about 180 pages.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your printing issue today.

We are going to start by trying the following:

1. Go into your Control Panel and then go into Devices and Printers.

2. Right-click on your printer's icon and select "Printing Preferences." Alternatively, if you have a touchscreen device, touch and hold the icon until the context menu appears, and then select "Printing Preferences."

3. Open the "Advanced" tab, set the Print Data Optimization option to "Optimize for Text and Vector," and then click "Apply."

4. Print a document to test your new settings. If the document fails to print, power the printer off and turn it back on again before attempting to print the document again.

Let me know if this resolves the issue. If it doesn't, please let me know and we will try something else.

If it does resolve it, please kindly rate my answer with 5-STARS so that I may receive credit for assisting you with your issue today.

Thank you for choosing Just Answer!