Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics engineer with 7+ years of experience in repairing office equipments & printers
22727371

My Epson XP-630 printer is leaving lines of black ink on

Customer Question

My Epson XP-630 printer is leaving lines of black ink on everything I print. Random patterns. Looks like it's coming off the roller? What can I do?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I thought I game you the model. XP-630 It is about 2 years old
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: Printing wirelessly from a MacBook Air. OS Yosemite
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This happened about a week ago and nothing happened aside from this issue
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope. That's it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Sadique. Welcome to JustAnswer.

The most likely and common cause to this type of problem is that your printhead is clogged and dirty. It has to be cleaned because a printhead is the part of the printer which puts ink onto the paper.

As of first step, let's try manually cleaning the printhead.
Take a paper towel and fold it into 4 turns and make it little thick. Then add little rubbing alcohol to it and then place it in the path of the printhead carriage. Then move the printhead carriage over it a few times.
Please follow this link to see a video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrAqXjX10xs

Tell me if it makes any difference to your problem.