John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Cartridges for my EPSON WF-2750/WF2760, 1 MONTH OLD, APPLE

Customer Question

cartridges for my EPSON WF-2750/WF2760
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 1 MONTH OLD
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: APPLE Mac Book Pro
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: today, so we went and bought EPSON 220 @ Best Buy today, came home & I installed the black cartridge, it says it cannot recognize the following ink cartridges, try installing them again BK 220 220XL, I took it out & re installed it, it still gives me message
JA: Anything else you want the printer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It only asked me to install the black cartridge so that is what I did.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I am looking up those cartridge numbers, to see if they are listed as compatible with your new printer's model # (Epson WF-2750 or 2760).

If they are knockoffs, or 'Epson compatible', or refills, etc., there might be a good reason why they don't work. But first, I'll determine that cartridge #s' listed compatibility.

Epson 220 and 220XL are listed as compatible with WF-2750.

You may have a defective cartridge - esp. likely if it's the least bit cheaply made - in which case, put it back in its package and return it for a refund, or an exchange for another one that works.

Or you might have a defective printer perhaps. Has the black ink ever worked in this printer?